I understand that the above fee(s) will be deducted from the Student’s debit account at the time this Contract is signed by me and the School. I also understand that it is my responsibility to ensure an adequate account balance remains in the Student’s debit account to cover this expense. In the event the Student’s debit account does not have sufficient funds to cover my obligations under this Contract, I understand the Student will be denied any opportunity to participate in Private Lessons, until such time that her account is replenished sufficiently to pay for the Private Lessons.
In addition, I, as the Student’s parent or guardian, agree to accept the following terms and conditions of this Contract:
1. Parents/Guardians who withdraw a student from Oldfields for any reason and parents/guardians of students who are absent from the lessons or who are dismissed from Oldfields for any reason are not entitled to any refund of the fee, in whole or in part, as the absence of a student does not decrease the expenses of the School and services contracted for well in advance.
2. In committing to Private Lessons, it is expected that the student will attend all scheduled sessions. Should an illness or other material conflict arise, the student must give her instructor at least 24 hours’ notice. If the student cancels due to illness, she should accompany the cancellation with a note from the school nurse. To ensure that cancellations are communicated properly, students should inform the Performing Arts Department Chair of their cancellations as well as the instructor. Provided students provide this proper notification via e-mail, phone call, or in person, the lesson will be made up during the trimester. If for any reason the instructor is unable to attend a lesson, he/she will contact the student.
3. The School cannot and does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of a student’s personal property, including a student’s instrument or music books.
4. This Contract must be executed and returned to the School no later than the first day of the first trimester chosen. Otherwise, the Contract is considered withdrawn.
5. The School reserves the right unilaterally to cancel the Private Music Lesson Program for any reason including inadequate staffing, insufficient student participation, and including the safety and welfare of the students. In the event of such cancellation, the School will refund the fee paid on a pro rata basis based on the number of lessons completed.
6. Students are responsible for the purchase of their own books, instruments, and other materials needed for the lessons they are receiving. The School will help students purchase needed items so long as the student’s debit account has funds to cover the expense.