Visit COVID-19 Updates page.
See details on Health/Safety, Academics/Remote Learning, and Student/Campus Life.
Revisits for accepted students have moved online.
We are here to share the Oldfields Experience and answer your questions. Contact our Admission Office to set up your virtual visit.
We're excited to welcome you to the Oldfields community!
Food and nutrition Philosophy
Menus are created on the Oldfields campus, specifically designed for our dining facility and our community's needs. Parents and students are welcome to tour the foodservice facility and their suggestions are encouraged.
A Nutrition Specialist is available to review menus, to provide nutrition education and assist communities that need to become more "aware" of particular dietary concerns such as allergies, celiac disease, and food sensitivities.
- We can provide menus that will meet vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free standards.
- We prepare our food from whole fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial flavorings, M.S.G., preservatives and high levels of sodium.
- We use minimal amounts of fat in food preparations. We primarily use olive and canola oils, which have a healthier blend of fatty acids than other cooking oils. Non-hydrogenated canola oil, which does not contain trans fat, is used for fried preparations.
- Our salad bar items are prepared fresh on premise. Low-fat dressings, cheese, and yogurt are available daily.
- 100% fruit juice, low-fat milk and water are available daily.
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables are offered daily, utilizing local farmers practicing ecologically responsible farming methods whenever possible.
- We serve seafood purchased in accordance with the Seafood Watch guidelines for sustainability.
- We purchase meats graded "choice" or higher. We roast our deli beef and turkey on premise.