At Oldfields, the learning extends beyond the classroom; now, our campus tours do too. Join the Admission Team and experience the magic of Oldfields in an array of personalized virtual visit opportunities:
Take a guided virtual tour with a current student
Have a conversation or interview with an Admission Team member
Learn more from a program director of interest to you; Academics, Equestrian, Learning Support, Arts, Tuition Assistance, or Athletics
It’s that time of year when seniors have received the good news about college acceptances and scholarships and now get to decide where they want to attend and possibly what they want to study. But as we all know, the college process starts years earlier! That is why Oldfields' College Counseling Director Marissa Margosian has organized an assembly where all our students (even the 8th graders!) can participate in the panel of their choice conducted by college representatives.
A total of 14 college representatives will be available to the students in the following 5 subject areas:
- Fine and Performing Arts: Topics include auditions and portfolios, the differences between a BFA and BA, career choices beyond the obvious, and double-majoring or adding a minor.
- Health Sciences (STEAM info): Discussions will surround career options in these fields, how to prepare in high school, accelerated programs, and direct entry.
- Social Sciences/Humanities: Learn the benefits of a liberal arts education and what it is like to major in political science, pre-law, criminal justice, African-American studies, communications, sociology, etc. Get your questions answered about double majors or even creating your own major.
- Athletics and Academics: Want to participate in college athletics including riding? Gain information on the NCAA and athletic recruitment, differences in athletic divisions, a day in the life of a student athlete, restrictions on potential majors, and how to get recruited.
- “I have no idea what I want to do”: More people than you think are undecided, and that’s okay! Discover what resources are available, how to use Gen Ed requirements to explore majors, double majoring, creating your own majors, and anything else you want to know!
What a tremendous opportunity to have this vast amount of resources come to us!